Video-Shogun

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Pissed Off!

So since last Friday I've been fighting with youtube. For some reason, it's not accepting a few of my videos, and I can't figure out why. I've gone back and tried altering them a bit and even tried to up-load them from a new machine. The only thing I can think of is maybe it's not taking them due to a filter I might have used from After Affects. All I can say is that I'm getting really pissed off that it will take some files but not others. I just created a google video account. If youtube continues to mess with me I thing I may end up trying google. The other answer is to try using QuickTime. I've been looking at a lot of different blogs, and many of them have it to where you click on the link of the movie and then it goes to another page to play the movie, and then you have to hit back to return to the blog. I would rather keep it where you are viewing the clip on the blog, but if I have to I will look into other methods.

2 Comments:

Blogger Christi Nielsen said...

Kylita!!!!!!!

Hey - if you do have to do the link thing for awhile, you can make it open in a new window. Let me know if you don't know how to do that, or ask someone in the lab how to set the target to "_blank."

You know I use Google Video. No problems yet, but you do have to wait a few days for approval before the videos show up.

9:04 AM  
Blogger Rajesh Nidwannaya said...

You can make a Quicktime movie play on the same page after a visitor clicks a "poster" frame. Just like the YouTube movies.

Search on Apple's website in the Quicktime developer section.

2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home